Monday, January 16, 2012

EVENT REVIEW: WALK THE TALK SHOE & ACCSESSORY PARTY

HAPPY 2012!!! With the onset of the New Year I have re-dedicated myself to my blogging. I've attended so many great events that it's selfish not to share all that I've experienced. There's plenty to report since I last posted over the summer so there will be lots of back-tracking. But to start off with, I'll recap last month's Fabulous Walk the Talk Holiday Shoe and Accessory Party Hosted by Tweety Elitou of Young, Hip & Chic (YHC for short) & Rebecca Pollard, of Can Ya Heel Me?
I saw a post about the event on Facebook and was so excited and intrigued by the sound of it that I signed up right away! I looked forward to the event for weeks then realized I'd scheduled myself to work that afternoon. ;(  I decided to detour & make a quick stop by the event en route to work and was Sooo glad I did!
The venue was filled with gorgeous & unique accessories & fashions as well as friendly fashionistas from the Philadelphia area ready to mingle & have a great time. (Click here to view event pics at 528spokentruth.com) I was signed up for a raffle, given a goodie bag & had the pleasure of being greeted by one of the event hosts, the Lovely & Talented Tweety Elitou upon my arrival. Tweety was gorgeous and charming, a delight to meet. It was an even greater pleasure to meet Tweety's beautiful Mother a few minutes later...
She was hospitable and kind and once she introduced herself she asked what size shoe I wore. I figured she was going to point me in the direction of a vendor with some fabulous footwear. But in her next breath she asked "Did you get your Free shoes?" This was music to my ears for I had no idea I'd have the chance to receive complimentary footwear! I felt as if I'd just made a new best friend wanted to squeal with delight while giving her a big bear hug!...but I kept my composure ;) and instead went to check out the three styles available. (Check out all the Walk the Talk SWAG & other pics at the Facebook Event page here.) 
They all looked great & I could see myself wearing each style which made it a little hard for me to choose. But in the end I figured I'd get the most use out of the black booties with the faux fur. I get sooooo many compliments every time I wear them! Ladies, you know how nice it is to receive a compliment...and how much nicer it feels when you found your fashion at a great price. Well imagine how good it feels when you've gotten it for FREE! :) I always smile a sly little smile to myself thinking "if you only knew that I paid NOTHING for these you'd be sooo jealous! " LOL.  No, I'm not that bad. I actually like to share the story & urge fellow shoe lovers to follow the ladies & keep an eye out for the next event.
Unfortunately, I couldn't stay long as I had to get to that pesky job I'd promised to do. ;) But I was so glad I'd taken the time to stop by this Fantastic Event! I left feeling like I'd just received an early Christmas gift. Before my departure from WALK THE TALK I was treated to some delicious fare & delectable desserts and enjoyed some emotional award presentations (Click here to view photos at Can Ya Heel Me.) as Tweety humbly thanked some of those who supported her endeavor. I'm keeping my eye on these young ladies as I'm sure they have lots of great things in store!
After my few hours at work I stopped back by Showroom77 hoping there would still be some activity/stragglers hanging around but everything was over & done with. ;( Owner Angela Edmunds pointed me in the direction of Jet Wine Bar where the tasty Walk the Talk special of the day was still available. I had the distinct pleasure of meeting the delightful owner Jill. She invited me to peek at their event space that looked cozy & inviting for a private party. (I plan to work with Jill in the future. Stay tuned.)
I feel honored to have been a part of WALK THE TALK as it was an EXTRAORDINARY event and hope I'm fortunate enough to be attendance for the next!
Click here to check out event sponsors OpenSky, FabuLyss, Lauren Luna, and PrettyPrettyRebel on Facebook.
Check out event vendors Stephanie Mijourne Crisler - http://mijourne.com/, and
Sole Girl Shoe Party- http://www.solegirlshoeparty.com/
And Follow Tweety & Rebecca on Twitter @tweetyelitou and @CanYa_HeelMe

No comments:

Post a Comment